I am a Gulf South native who loves plants, spirit, healing, art.
When I’m not in my office I’m usually on our organic farm .
I began learning energetics and massage in the late 1990’s. My adventures in healing led me around this country and others, where I grew, studied, learned and practiced. At the request of students and mentors, I eventually taught.
I have been in private practice offering clinical therapeutic massage since 2000. My therapy is integrative, advanced, detailed, and intuitive. I enjoy it greatly!
I am an honors graduate of Louisiana Tech University (degree in graphic art, minor in psychology) and of the Boulder College of Massage Therapy in Colorado (a 1000+ hour program). I am Indiana and Louisiana State Licensed as a Massage Therapist.
I am deeply grateful to all my teachers/mentors and their lineages for sharing with me. Without their help, mentorship, and generosity, I would not be offering what I do.
Since graduating in 2000, I have invested in and dedicated myself to deepening my skills through advanced certifications and trainings. This includes:
- Upledger Institute (CranioSacral Therapy Intro, CST I, CST 2, SomatoEmotional Release I, CST for Obstetrics, Teaching assistant CST 1 & CST Obstetrics)
- Barral Institute (Visceral Manipulation 1)
- Living Awareness Institute (245 hours hands-on home herbal, traditional nutrition, women’s reproductive herbal studies)
- Pre- and Perinatal Massage Therapy with Carol Osborne-Sheets
- Pre- and Perinatal Massage Therapy with Michelle Kolakowski
- Labor and Postpartum Massage with Shoshanah Halpern
- “New Beginnings Massage Therapy” with M. Kolakowski and S. Halpern
- Infant Massage
- Doulas of North America (Birth Doula certification)
- Arvigo Institute (Self Care level 1, Professional Care level 2, Practitioner Certification level 3, Spiritual Bathing, Advanced Pregnancy, Certified Self Care Teacher, Professional Care Teaching Intern for 3 yrs.)
- Energy Therapy Apprenticeships/Studies with Rev. N. Reasoner and Rev. S. Brooks
- European Cupping Level 1 & 2 with Julia Graves, ND, Herbalist
- Abdominal Massage for Bodyworkers II, & Advanced Abdominal Massage, with Donna Caire, LMT of Regeneration Springs
- Orthobionomy: Chapman’s Reflexes
- The Spurgeon Method (TM) of Breast Massage, levels 1 and 2 with Sally Spurgeon LMT
- Flower Essence Foundations (99 hours), Practitioner Training with Loey Colebeck of Mind is Body.
All photos and images and text copyright 2019 Megan Assaf.
Do not reproduce without permission.